We don’t want our name in lights… At maché, we want our name in C-O-O-K-I-E-S. This was a fun little afternoon project, writing our name in dough, baking it to a beautiful golden brown, dusting with sugar and then devouring it. Every letter was delicious.
This sugar cookie dough holds it’s shape, making it perfect for spelling out words.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Mix dry ingredients into the bowl and set aside.
2. Combine butter and sugar. Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light in color and has a fluffy texture. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Beat until blended. Gradually add the flour and salt, mixing until just blended.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. On a piece of parchment paper, mold dough into desired design, keeping thickness close to 1/8-inch.
5. Bake the cookies 1 sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges and firm to the touch. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar.
If you can resist immediately eating them, cookies can be stored in resealable plastic containers for 1 week.0 LIKE THIS POST!