Milk and cookies are as great a pair as peanut butter and jelly. It’s no wonder they’re Santa’s favorite snack. We’re pretty sure he’d eat any cookie, but we’re jonesing for some cranberry white chocolate chip cookies.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes 3 dozen large cookies • 30 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of one orange
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to large bowl. Use an electric mixer on medium speed and beat until creamy.
3. Add eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest; beat well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture until mixed well. Stir in oats, cranberries and chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake eight-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for five minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Download the printable recipe card!
What kind of cookies will you be leaving for Santa?
– Styling by Heather Winkel, photos by Adam and Joanne Gallagher of Inspired Taste
0 LIKE THIS POST!