Tomorrow is the first day of advent, which means you still have time! We like to keep things simple, and this ornament tree does just that.
Ornament Tree Advent
makes 1 advent • $$ • 1 hour
24 safety pins
50-inch piece of jute
2 pieces of wooden dowel rods cut to 4 1/2 inches each
24 small ornaments
1. Place jute face-side-down on table and turn 1 inch on the top over. Using red thread, sew the end to the front of the jute, creating a small pocket for the dowel rode to slide through. Do the same on the bottom.
2. Sand down edges of dowel rodes and slide one through each “pocket” on the jute.
3. Take a piece of wire and wrap around the ends of the top dowel creating a hanger.
Don’t have time to make your own backdrop? Just tack a piece of jute to the wall!
1. Place 24 tags on a table and use stencil to paint numbers 1-24.
2. Slide one tag and one small ornament onto a safety pin and attach to jute backdrop.
3. Attach all 24 tags and ornaments.
4. Starting on the first day of advent take the appropriate ornament down and add it to your small tree.
Download the free how-to instructions!
Need more inspiration? We love these advents:
Chalkboard Advent Calendar on Oh Happy Day
Sweet Paul’s Walnut Advent
Gingerbread Advent by Butcher, Baker
Pinata Advent Calendar by A Subtle Revelry
Paper Bag Advent by A Merry Mishap
– By Heather Winkel, photo by Krista Leigh Hurst.
0 LIKE THIS POST!